Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Where does the time go?

As I sit here and watch my boys play, I'm struck by the fact that time seems to be zooming by. When did Daniel get to be so grown up?? He no longer looks like a preschooler. I can't believe that my baby is getting ready to head to Kindergarten in 6 months. Starting to school is like stepping into a whole new phase in life, I guess. He'll no longer belong to just me and his daddy. It's like by starting school he enters the stage where his friends will start becoming his main focus, rather than us. It's sad to think that the times where he tells me that he loves me and I'm the best mommy ever will soon be replaced with "I hate you" and "You're so embarassing" I wish that I could keep this innocence that he has right now forever, but starting school is going to change all of that. I know that this is part of parenting, but it's a part of parenting that I'm not quite ready for. Have 5 years really passed by this quickly? Can't I slow down time and keep him my baby just a little longer? I feel like I'm going to blink and my preschooler will be replaced by a teenager. If it's this hard seeing him get ready to start Kindergarten, how hard is it going to be when he gets ready to head to college??? UUUGGGHHHH, I'm so not ready for this!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Kitty said...

((Hugs)) Lee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

AWW......
THAT iS SWEET BUT TRUE.
UUUUGGGGGHHHHH.
THiS iS GONNA BE HARD FOR COOKiE TO SHARE HER MOMMiE FORNEY!!!
BUT i GUESS SHE'LL BE NiCE AND ALLOW iT!!

i LOVE YOU!

~COOKiE

J said...

Time flies once you have kids. They grow sooooo fast.