Friday, March 7, 2008

Baby Fever!!

Ok, my girls at SMW have given me a serious case of baby fever!! What the heck is in the water over there anyhow???? Hearing about all of your BFP's has gotten me to thinking about when I got my very first (and my second, and my third lol) BFP. Robert and I decided around June of 2001 to start TTC. I went off BC and we thought I MIGHT be pg around our first anniversary (July 22, 2001) but turns out we weren't. So we kept trying for what to us (or to me anyway) seemed like forever, but really wasn't all that long. In January, after I got mad at the dog and cat and chased them through the house screaming like a banshee, Robert told me that he thought I needed to go get a pregnancy test. So I did and I got my first BFP!!! I was so excited!! I didn't completely trust the test though, so I called my dr and went in for a blood test. It was positive too so I called and made an appointment with my OB/GYN. I had HORRIBLE m/s with Daniel (with all 3 pregnancies actually). But other than that, I had a very uneventful pregnancy. Daniel's arrival however made up for my uneventful pregnancy. He ended up staying in the hospital for 4 extra days b/c he had low blood sugar. It wasn't serious, but it was scary, especially when you are a first time parent!! But finally, we got to bring our little boy home. And lo and behold, 5 months later (before Daniel was sleeping through the night even) I got my 2nd BFP!! If the feelings I had with my first were elation and excitement, the feelings I had when I saw that 2nd were shock, confusion, and disbelief! How the heck could I be pg AGAIN and so soon after having Daniel??? (Yeah, well, ok, I know HOW it happened, but that's beside the point!!) This pregnancy was a bit more eventful, not because of anything that went wrong during the pregnancy but b/c of trying to deal with a baby AND all the gunk that goes along with being pg!! I remember that when Daniel went with me to the dr to hear the new baby's heartbeat that first time (he was only like 8 or 9 months old) he GROWLED when he heard the heartbeat. It was hilarious!! The very first episode of sibling rivalry!! Mikey came along with no problems. Until he was 6 wks old and caught RSV his first week in daycare b/c some stupid parent sent their kid to school KNOWING they were sick, but I digress. So, let's fast forward about 2.5 years. Daniel is 3, Mikey is 2, and I have an April Fool's joke go a bit astray! We had been at my mom's house on April 1 and I play an April Fool's joke on my parents by telling them I'm pregnant......WELL, about a month later, turns out the joke's on ME! I AM pregnant! YIKES!! Well, of course, I'm SURE that this time I will have a little girl....NOT! Here comes my 3rd little boy. This final pregnancy turns out to be my most eventful towards the end of it. On Dec. 14, I was involved in a car accident. I wasn't injured, nor was Zach, but after the wreck, my BP went up and stayed up. I was put on bedrest, which really SUCKS btw, and the dr ended up inducing me on Dec 21. 4 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS!! Poor little Zach had a much rougher time of things than his brothers. He developed pnuemonia and then we had a hard time getting him to eat and gain weight. He was in the NICU for 10 days and got to come home on New Year's Eve. I had my tubes tied the day after he was born. Sometimes I wish I could have more kids but I know that it's not really practical for us and everyone has to stop somewhere. I would do some things differently if I were to ever get pg again. Or at least I like to think I would. I would not find out the sex (or try not to); I would not be induced (Robert always wanted to do the mad dash to the hospital, lol) and I would try breastfeeding. I did for a while with Daniel but didn't even attempt with Mikey or Zach. But that's all woulda, shoulda, coulda b/c I had my tubes tied and I won't be having any more babies. Sometimes I wish I could, but I'm happy with my family. With my 3 boys...wouldn't change it for the world. It's just those darn SMW preggos that gave me baby fever!! HEHEHE!!!

***BTW, Cookie, yeah, I know this is a long post!! You should be used to them by now!! Love ya!***

7 comments:

Karen Coutu said...

Whatever's in the water, I hope I don't catch it. Are you sure you don't want to be pg just to get out of going to work? ;P

Kitty said...

Well if it make you feel any better Lee I have realizzed that I definately have morning sickness (I had it very badly with Griffin as well) though it seems to affect me a large part of the whole day.Chasing after Griffin while wondering if and when I may get sick is so much fun lol But you're right when you said we all have to stop at some point-to be able to take care of the children we have properly!! I loved your post!

Susan G. said...

I know how you feel, I get the fever here and there. I am also happy with my 3 boys. So I will say I am done.

Amy said...

I loved hearing about your pregnancies Lee and I lol @ the April Fool's joke! Just think, if you had another boy you could upgrade to tornadoes! :P

Anonymous said...

Hey Lee, I know this post is a few weeks old, but I just read it. And you know you can always have your tubes untied! Try for that girl you've always wanted! And Robert would disapear to never be seen or heard from again!

Love you Cuz!

PS- maybe is a mama thing, but what in the world are all of those abbreviations????

J said...

I have baby fever too. Cute story!

Heather said...

Hi Lee! I love to read your style of writing! Lets hope whatever is in the water over there, stays over there! :)