Friday, March 28, 2008

Counting my blessings, Part 2

I've already done a post like this, but I thought I'd do another one. (Ok, well, actually, Jerinda thought that all of the SMW girls should post about what they are thankful for, hehe). So, to recap a previous post, I'm thankful for my hubby, my boys, my parents and grandparents and the upbringing that I had. I'm actually even thankful for my job...after all, it pays the bills and I am learning something from this year...how to trust in the power of prayer!!
On a more light hearted note...I'm really thankful for air conditioning!! Now I know that some of you Northerners can't really appreciate what a wonderful thing AC is, that is unless you visit the South during the months of April-October. As a born and bred Southerner, I say Bless your heart, whoever invented the air conditioner!!!! I really hope you have a special place in Heaven!!
I'm also thankful for Zaxby's Boneless Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings. Thank you Zaxby's for introducing me to this wonderful, spicy goodness. Before this, I had never really liked wings. Thank you for changing my mind!!
Pay at the pump gas stations.....What an ingenious idea that was!! I honestly believe that a woman either invented these or talked her husband, brother, ect into inventing them. Ever tried lugging 3 kids under 5 into a gas station to pay for gas?? You inevitably come out loaded down snacks, drinks, and other stuff you don't want or need and honestly, with the price of gas these days, who can afford anything extra?? Not to mention that it takes longer to buckle and unbuckle car seats than it does to pump gas!!
Clorox Stain Out....Moms of boys know what I mean by this!! This stuff has saved untold amounts of dirt streaked, popsicle stained clothes for me!!
Getting a little more serious...I'm thankful for the daycare teachers at my boys' daycare. They have become like family to us. And they have taught my boys so much and not just academics. They are a great bunch of ladies.
Speaking of great ladies, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my pals at SMW. These girls have been around through my final pregnancy and through Zach's journey to toddlerhood. You girls rock and I love you!!
And last but not least, my adopted daughters at school. You girls don't realize how much you mean to me. You've helped me get through a really tough year this year and I love you all!!

There is so much more that I'm thankful for.....either lighthearted or more serious. I'm an extremely blessed woman with a wonderful family and great friends. I wouldn't trade my life for anything in the world!!

6 comments:

J said...

Yay for being thankful for the small things. Even the littlest things make our lifes easier.

Karen Coutu said...

That's so great to hear you say your are thankful for your job even though this year has been so rough for you.

I really enjoyed reading your post. I hope you'll write Part III soon!

Berleen said...

Hey! Don't forget moms of girls with the Clorox Stain Out!!!!

Melissa said...

Your post made me laugh, you came up with some really good things to be thankful for that I seemed to have bypassed although a lot of them I agree with! Thanks for the post though, it made me smile! :)

Melanie said...

that had me chuckling! we love you too, Lee. Zach and all your boys are sweetie pies. You are very blessed.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.