Monday, December 10, 2007

It's hard to believe....



That Zachary is almost one year old!! My baby is growing up!! We are planning his first birthday party for this coming Saturday, even though he won't turn one until the 21st. With Christmas coming up and all of the hustle and bustle that comes with it, I wanted to have his party a little early so that it would be all about him. As I was looking at the calendar, I realized that Friday is the 14th, which is the day last year when I had the wreck that set Zachary's birth in motion a little early. He wasn't supposed to be born until 12/27, but when I had a wreck on the way home from work on 12/14/06, my blood pressure went up and my dr decided to induce me earlier. We were hoping that since Zach was born on the 21st, that he'd be home in time for Christmas. That wasn't to be the case. He developed pneumonia and ended up staying in the hospital until 12/31...a total of 10 days. But he has certainly made up for his rocky start. He is almost a year old and weighs nearly 30 lbs and is about 3 ft tall. He has been walking for about 3.5 to 4 months now and is definately able to keep up with his big brothers. Like Daniel and Mikey, he has gone straight from newborn to toddler. All 3 of my boys seemed to just skip over the baby stage. It's so hard to believe that my baby is turning one!!

4 comments:

J said...

It's so bittersweet. I cannot believe how big all the babies are getting.

Kitty said...

It justs eems like yesterday that the babies are started to be born.I can't believe it either!

Anonymous said...

awwwww.....i remeber that day u wrecked! it scared me! but as soon as we got word that you and zachary was okay i felt better!! Well Happy Early Birthday Zach!

Love Cookie

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope I didn't mess up the "all about Zachary" day. I should've left Mikey's late bday presents "from the desert and Uncle Matt" in the car. I think Zachary was more interested in them than his own wrapped ones. My bad....aunt's learn by mistakes like mommies I guess :)

Love ya chick!