Thursday, January 10, 2008

Counting my blessings

Although at the moment it is rather difficult not to pull my hair out (especially since the boys are fighting...AGAIN), I know that I have been so blessed in my life. I was raised by wonderful (for the most part :P )parents. I had the best grandparents in the world. As I grew into adulthood, I was fortunate to be surrounded by a great support system of friends and family who were always there for me. I'm fortunate to have had the same best friend since I was 4 years old. One of the greatest blessings of my life came to me in March of 1998 when I met my husband. Robert has been everything that I could have asked for and more in a partner. He's the most loving and sweetest man I've ever known....and yes, in my case the old adage is true...I did marry a man who reminded me of my father. And he has been a wonderful father to our boys. I'm constantly amazed at how much he does for and with them. And speaking of my boys....what little miracles they are. What other word could be used to describe beings that at one moment have me pulling my hair out and fully understanding why some species eat their young, and then in the blink of an eye can make my heart so full of love that it nearly bursts? I have been so fortunate to have had 3 happy, healthy children. It's very scary to think about all of the things that could have gone wrong during my pregnancies and the boys' babyhood and all of the things that might still go wrong. I may not realize it or acknowledge it at times, but I have so far in my life been very blessed and I'm thankful for it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY MOMMA LEE

YOU ARE A BLESSING TO ME!!! HOW WOULD I MAKE IT THROUGH SKOOL W/OUT MOMMA LEE??? IT WOULDN'T WORK!!

LOVE YAH!!
COOKIE

Heather said...

Sounds like you have a great life Lee and are very thankful.
Hope things continue to look up for you.

J said...

You are very blessed. Your boys are adorable!