Monday, January 14, 2008

Random thoughts.....

Tonight's blog entry will be just some random thoughts and such. First off, I did something today that suprised even myself. I climbed up a telephone pole, walked across another telephone pole and then flew down a zip line. This was all about 15 ft in the air. I have an insane fear of heights! I couldn't believe I did this, but I did. I was very proud of myself. My homeroom and my pair teacher's homeroom went on a field trip to a ropes course today. We had a blast. The kids, for the most part, behaved pretty well. Which basically means that no one got hurt. So today was an easy day for me...we were outside most of the day, which means that I didn't have a headache when I got home this afternoon for a change!! All in all it was a really good day.
Speaking of good days....the day that Matt comes home on leave for two weeks is drawing closer. The boys are excited about him coming home....as are we all. Even though Matt isn't my biological brother, I think of him as my brother. (He's the brother I never had, and I'm the sister he never wanted....hehehehe, just kidding, I hope!! :P ) Anyway, all kidding aside, I am so very proud of Matt. Now, I realize that I've only known him for about 1o years, but in those years, I've watched him grow and mature into a remarkable man. He has really grown up from the boy that I met when I first started dating Robert. He's just really an all around great guy.
And since I'm on the subject of great days, Robert and I had a really great weekend. The Hurricanes went to stay with Stacey and Steve Sat. night and Robert and I went out with some friends. It was so nice to just hang out and not have to chase after the boys. And miracle of miracles, Sunday we got to sleep late!!! WOOO-HOOO!! AND we got a NAP Sunday afternoon. AHHH, pure bliss!! It was great!
However, tomorrow is back to normal.....No field trips, no babysitters for the night...back to the everyday routine....Who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be a fairly good day in spite of all of that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am so glad we could help you have a great weekend. We had a great one too with your little miracles! Gotta do it more often like we used to....we missed them so much! And glad you and Robert had time to "reconnect" ;)
And I am so proud of your High Flying Day!
10 days and counting for Matt to leave Iraq!!!!!!

Kitty said...

I'm scared of heights terribly so I give you a lot of credit for doing that! And yeah for some you and dh time!You deserve it!