Monday, November 12, 2007

Through the Eyes of a Hurricane (Mikey edition)

The time has come, the walrus said
To talk of many things.....
Like all of the crazy antics my Mike Mike has gotten into over his nearly 4 years of existance. Mikey has had the "Middle Child Syndrome" long before he became the middle child! Out of my 3 boys, Mikey is probably my most headstrong. And that's saying a lot! One of the first Mikey Mike episodes happened when he was around 18 months old. We were living in our other house and Mikey had somehow managed to find a way past the baby gate that was supposed to keep him out of the kitchen. I was in another part of the house when I hear a blood curdling scream. My immediate thought was, "What has he done now?" Didn't really matter which "he"....I just knew one of my Hurricanes was up to no good. Sure enough, there was Mighty Mike....standing in the middle of the kitchen with water spraying all over the floor....HOT water, at that. He had somehow managed to open the cabinets under the sink and pulled the hot water pipe OUT of the wall. I called Robert in a panic.....he tells me to just turn the water off there under the sink. Major flaw to that plan....Mikey had pulled the pipe AND the cut off out of the wall!! SO by the time I get around to getting the water turned off at the road (my neighbor had to help me!) my kitchen floor was covered in about 2 inches of water and it was seeping into my living room. That was a huge mess to clean up!!
Moving right along....Mikey seems to have a fascination with sinks....When he was about 2, I found him one day sitting in the bathroom sink. Yeah, I said IN the sink...Don't know what he was thinking!!
Not only is Mikey fascinated with sinks, he's also fascinated with horses. In the house where we used to live, there was a horse pasture across the street. We had a really hard time keeping Mikey away from the horses. Well, one day, his daddy and his Uncle Steve were supposed to be watching him. Somehow he managed to escape from their watchful eyes (insert sarcasm here) and make his way across the street and up the gate and ALMOST into the pasture with the horses before his daddy caught him.
Among Mikey's other quirks, he has a thing for lining things up. He is very particular, especially when it comes to his Matchbox cars or Thomas the Trains. They must be in line and in order or we will experience the full blown power of a Mikey-Mike Meltdown. And believe me folks, those are not pretty.
And now for the masterpiece of Mikey stories....It was my Granny's 80th birthday party. My entire family (over 40 of them) were at my Granny's house. We were having a blast...until I hear the all too familiar sound of Daniel screaming. I was thinking, "Oh great, what now?" when Daniel walks in with blood running down the side of his face and neck....."Mikey hit me, Mikey hit me" With what, a meat cleaver?? Apparently, Daniel, Mikey and assorted cousins were throwing rocks at an ant bed and well, Daniel's head got in the way of Mikey's rock. So we left Mikey at my Granny's with my parents and took Daniel to the ER. About 30 min and some DuraBond later, Daniel was as good as new. Let's just say that Mikey found a way to make Granny's birthday a memorable experience. But then again, everything is a memorable experience when Mike Mike is around!!

5 comments:

Kitty said...

Oh how I look to you for inspiration-because I know I will produce nothing but boys lol So funny-I love the stories.

Stephenie said...

Haha. I don't know what to say.. I'm too busy laughing!!

J said...

Mikey is adorable, but you already know that, huh?

You need to update your blog girl!!

LOVIN LIFE said...

H3LLO MOMMA FORNEY!!

Lindsey Kate said...

Hey Spanglesh Mother!
Wuz up????????????I LOVE YOU!!!!

LOVE COOKIE