Thursday, November 29, 2007

Slacking again!!!

Ahh, I have seriously been neglecting my blog. And trust me, it isn't from lack of topics, it's from lack of energy. So tonight's entry will be random tidbits....just whatever pops into my head. There is a technical term for this type of writing but it has now escaped my train of thought. So anyway, I guess first I will start with some random phrases that my two oldest Hurricanes have said:
"I'm a strong man. Strong mans eat barbecue; I eat barbecue, so I'm a strong man" --Mikey
"I want some Man Drink"--Mikey, asking for some Gatorade
"I want Daddy to cut my hair, like a man"--Mikey "I want Miss Mindy to cut my hair, she has suckers"--Daniel

Once I picked Daniel and Mikey up from daycare, and they were both in time out. I sat them down and told them that when they got in trouble at school that it made their teachers sad, it made Mommy and Daddy sad, and it made Jesus sad. Poor Daniel had big ole tears running down his cheeks. "I'm sorry, Mommy. I don't want Jesus to be sad" I look at Mikey, he's sitting there very composed and he calmly asks me "Can I have a popsicle?" "No, you can't have a popsicle, you made Jesus sad!!"

One of the things that cracks me up so much about Mikey is how matter of fact he is about EVERYTHING! He can say some of the most off the wall things with the straightest face. It's hilarious!!

Jumping to a new topic now....I'm so excited about Christmas this year. Last year was a rough Christmas for us. Zach was born on 12/21 and was still in the hospital in the NICU at Christmas. It was a scary time for us and I really didn't feel like I had a Christmas. Of course, Christmas is going to be difficult this year as well with Matt in Iraq. But I'm really looking forward to making this Christmas a special one for the boys. We haven't gotten our tree yet but I hope to get it up this weekend. We always have live trees and with our new house, we can get a REALLY TALL tree! WOOHOO!! I have also gotten a lot of my gifts bought already. Besides the boys and Robert, I only have my dad and my granny left to buy for. I think I know what I'm getting Granny and I'm letting Robert pick out Daddy's gift. Well, I guess that I've rambled enough for the moment....More later!!

6 comments:

Lindsey Kate said...

HEY MY LANGUAGE ARTS TEACHER....U DID LAERNED MY ANGLESH WELL!!!lol


LOVE COOKIE

Anonymous said...

HOWDY MRS.FORNEY!!! JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT YOUR BLOG. I'LL VISIT MORE OFTEN!!! IT LOOKS GREAT!!!



LOVE JABBERWACKIE

Anonymous said...

Hey my Spanglesh Mother!

Thanks for commenting on my new blog! I thought it was a good idea!! Well gtg!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!

~cookie

Anonymous said...

HAVE A FABULOUS WEEKEND!


PS. COOKIE LOVES YOU!

J said...

Cute stories! Don't neglect your blog though, I like having stuff to read. :)

Melanie said...

oh my gosh! hahaha...you had me about to belly laugh with the boys comments..poor baby crying 'cause he made Jesus sad. Ahhh, little babies and what goes through their minds. I love the stories Lee. Gave me a chuckle and big smile for the day.